Lofi beats blog #18
Welcome to "Vibe with Damon"- a weekly blog highlighting ten of the dopest beats from the Lofi / Chillhop scene. To submit your music for consideration, use our labels submission portal. To connect with me, Follow me on IG!
1. "amian" by Mathein, Soul Food Horns has a groovy, late-night vibe. Lovely evolution from start to end. I'm particularly digging that bassline.
2. "Sheboygan" by Noé Mina, delaney. is exactly what you would expect from them; jazzy, energetic, and evolving. Quality work 100% of the time.
3. "end of times (where am i)" by Terror Firma has amazing percussive work. The vocal chops are placed just right with an excellent arrangement to the track overall.
4. "River's Flow" by Axian, mishingo is nice and smooth. Perfect for a late-night smoke session.
5. "Shine" by Ayzic is beautiful and fills me with good vibes. Check out that piano melody though. Really uplifting.
6. "Compass" by Refeeld, YODAKA is touching. Reminds me of a bittersweet moment in a movie. The whole EP is golden, give it a spin on reflective days/nights.
7. "Jerry F.I.S.H City" by vuefloor, Japanolofi Records is an excellent night-vibe track to me. I really enjoyed the guitar and Rhodes on this one.
8. "Nostalgia" by Betty Michaels, CRFT has many things I love. Punchy bass, sexy guitar, and is that a woodwind I hear? They did a great job with instrumentation in this one.
9. "Clear Skies" by sftspkn is a punchy feel-good track for laid-back afternoons.
10. "nuance" by Vocabot-P is a banger, made for one of our Phonk beat events. This track gives me the stank face each and every time.
Nel Gabriel is now an official A&R and partner in running our sub-label Twilight Grooves; For Hip Hop, Funk, and Lofi. He's already shipped his first Lofi / vocal EP named "Blood Bath" made by Japanese artist Eqsia, and he has many other dope ideas in the works. We're currently building the schedule out for 2023 for this label, so if you'd like to send demos, find that here or hit Nel up directly.
Our Japan operations are heating up! On Nov.21st we're dropping a compilation with the Japanolofi Records label named "Project: ENERGIZE". It's an all-Japanese production celebrating culture and lifestyle. If you're interested to follow this new and fresh Japanese Lofi scene, follow our collective on IG, "Urban Japan". It contains updates from our label (Tsunami) and Japanolofi Records.
Lately, my personal focus has been on developing more important relationships, solid marketing strategies, and growing my overall knowledge of the music business (especially the complex world of publishing) so we can offer better label services. I confidently believe we have top-tier quality work, our community is also growing steadily, so all that's left to do now is to play the numbers game.
Our 2023 premier projects are nearing the end of the planning phase. If you want to be involved in one of these CD projects in 2023, make sure to check our open project page and submit tunes before it's too late!
Finally, our two current beat events (series #31) are still going! These will run until Nov.18th. Find all the details and submit your tunes here. We've hosted 25+ beat events over the last 4 years. Many submissions for these have ended up on official CDs, Vinyl compilations, in addition to helping build long-lasting networks and collaborations. I encourage you to check these prompts out and get involved!
Thanks for taking the time to read this issue, I hope you found something that made you vibe. Please subscribe at the bottom of the page to be notified when new issues are released!
You can find all featured music and more at our official playlists on Spotify.